Every road that's travelled teaches something new. Every road that narrows pushes us to choose.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

And so I write.....

It is said that an idle mind is the devils' workshop, idle hands are the devils tools, and too many cooks spoil the broth. I don't know that any of that is true. What I do know is this... while I don't have a lot of time on my hands, I do have a lot of thoughts and ideas. Some are bound to bring me great joy while others sure to test the metal of the man. I decided it was time I started collecting, organizing, and publishing some of them while I can. The time is not long off when cognizant thought will be but a lost memory and all my words of wisdom will vacate a previously fertile mind. I t is a way to perpetuate me. And so I write.


Why "Latent Prints"? Well according to Dictionary.com latent means:

1. present but not visible, apparent, or actualized; existing as potential: latent ability.

2. Pathology. (of an infectious agent or disease) remaining in an inactive or hidden phase; dormant.

3. Psychology. existing in unconscious or dormant form but potentially able to achieve expression: a latent emotion.

It seems an appropriate description of what you can expect here. They will be words...MY words. They may be great thoughts. Words that stir the soul into action and down the road bring something great and profitable to the world, the nation, the state, the community, or the soul. Or not. The point is they are my thoughts and, until now, have never been shared with anyone and, while I don't pretend to be a great writer, I am a great thinker....over little things. And so I write.

Faith, hope, charity, fortitude, justice, temperance, and prudence.... the seven heavenly virtues have all been pondered by men much greater than I but not one of these men have considered what they mean to me. I intend to explore.

Humility, kindness, abstinence, chastity, patience, liberality, and diligence... the seven contrary virtues and my struggles against the seven deadly sins pride, envy, gluttony, lust, anger, greed, and sloth। That's what you'll find here as well। You'll find out about me and, along the way, you may find out something about you as well।
And so I write.

I won't promise you great literary work. I can't promise you perfect spelling, grammar, or punctuation. I can promise you honesty and absolute openness. I know you and I will not always agree and there may be times I may offend you. It is not my intent. They will be honest expressions of me and my thoughts. I may be at my worst or at my best...But I will always be honest.

These are after all the musings of a mind that wanders........

No comments: